Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Prosoft Admin

Exciting NEW OPPORTUNITY For Athletes and Great Articles from Peak Performance PT

1 post in this topic

*|MC:SUBJECT|*

p{font-family:Arial;font-size: 12px; color:#333333;line-height: 18px;padding-left:40px;}

-->

newsletter-logo.jpg

newsletter-heading.jpg

newsletter.jpg

Newsletter – Table of Contents

1. PEAK PERFORMANCE OFFERS A NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR INJURED ATHLETES

2. “WHAT ARE SOME ACTIVITIES THAT KIDS CAN DO THAT ARE JUST GOOD FOR THEM?”
  3. ARE YOU A GAMBLER? THE ONE KEY INGREDIENT YOUR ATHLETE MIGHT BE MISSING!
  4. FAILING TO PLAN = PLANNING TO FAIL… The Process of Getting an Injured Athlete Ready to Return
  5. WHEN BEING SAFE ISN’T SAFE!
  6. WHERE DO YOU GO WHEN YOU’RE NOT SURE WHAT TO DO?

PEAK PERFORMANCE OFFERS A NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR INJURED ATHLETES

WHERE DO YOU GO FIRST WHEN INJURED?HOW DO YOU GET PEACE OF MIND?WHAT’S THE RIGHT THING TO DO?We’ve had so many athletes and parents talk with our Physical Therapists and staff over the years about just not being sure what to do when first injured. For those who have an Athletic Trainer at their school they have potential access to a skilled professional who’s there to help. But many tell us their schedules don’t coincide…

Read More

“WHAT ARE SOME ACTIVITIES THAT KIDS CAN DO THAT ARE JUST GOOD FOR THEM?”

That’s really an insightful question from one of our listeners. It’s not just about getting better performance at a particular sport. It’s not about coming up with the very best drills for skill development or for power or agility.This listener really reminds us that we’ve got to take a step back and consider some foundational athletic abilities that run through multiple sports and ages and don’t necessarily discriminate between boys and girls….

Read More

ARE YOU A GAMBLER? THE ONE KEY INGREDIENT YOUR ATHLETE MIGHT BE MISSING!

That’s right. Your athlete could potentially be missing one of the most important ingredients to a successful recovery from that injury that’s had them out. It doesn’t matter whether they’re 10 years old playing in a rec league or a sophomore in college at a Div I program. This fact doesn’t discriminate by body parts either! Shoulders, knees, ankles, low backs…it doesn’t matter.You’re just coming off an injury. Could be last week…could be 5 months …

Read More

FAILING TO PLAN = PLANNING TO FAIL… The Process of Getting an Injured Athlete Ready to Return

OK, so yea – you got hurt. You took the time off and did your rehab. The pain is going away or maybe even gone. The Range of Motion and Strength are nearing normal. Day to day life is easy. Your chomping at the bit. It’s time to play again right?WRONG!Taking an athlete from the level of normal low key life and “good motion and strength” up to actually returning to the playing field or the court can be a dangerous game of skipping ahead …

Read More

WHEN BEING SAFE ISN’T SAFE!

This week I answered a listener question that I think was meant to be directed at athletes but may have just as powerful or even more profound meaning for Physical Therapists and other healthcare providers. “When rehabbing an injury, can’t being tentative create another injury? How do you avoid that?” As I said – I think this was probably originally meant for the athlete them self. And I agree totally. Too often I see athletes who’ve gone back …

Read More

WHERE DO YOU GO WHEN YOU’RE NOT SURE WHAT TO DO?

You’ve got an injury and it’s just not improving. Your doctor said to just wait it out and return to activity and things would be fine…they released you but you just aren’t doing well. Your son got out of a cast and no Physical Therapy was recommended. Your daughter has been seeing someone for a while but isn’t improving.Do you need to “just accept it” and stay the course?Do you just keep waiting and hope things will eventually change?…

Read More

Like Us! fb-icon Follow Us! twitter-icon Find Us! Map

Peak Performance, proud sponsor of Youth Sports Now

featuring Mike Napierala PT (92.1 WYSL, Wed 6:30 – 7:30PM / Archives)

2013 PEAK PERFORMANCE

This email was sent to *|EMAIL|*

why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences

*|LIST:ADDRESSLINE|*

*|REWARDS|*

@media only screen and (max-width: 480px){

table[id=canspamBar] td{font-size:14px !important;}

table[id=canspamBar] td a{display:block !important; margin-top:10px !important;}

}