Newsletter – Table of Contents

1. CHILD ABUSE IN SPORTS???
  2. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY?
  3. OLD HABITS DIE HARD
  4. THE FORGOTTEN INGREDIENT TO SUCCESS…
  5. PLAYING THROUGH THE PAIN!

CHILD ABUSE IN SPORTS???

_HG_7922

Is it true it’s nothing short of child abuse? A recent article on bleacherreport.com caught my eye regarding a different type of what some might consider “child abuse” in sports.

Read More

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY?

_HG_1015

That’s exactly the question I’ve posed to a few patients this past week. I’ve shared this concept before but since it’s come up recently so often I thought I’d share it again with all of you. In fact, I just today listened to a great guy, we’ll call him Jim, who had two knee surgeries and was dismayed at his knees swelling up and getting sore after a weekend of increased activity cleaning his boat. “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY?”…

Read More

OLD HABITS DIE HARD

Oftentimes the idea of Physical Therapy can be oversimplified by patients and even by doctors when it comes to thoughts of what exactly is being done to help spur on recovery. Range of motion, stretching, strengthening exercises…yea, all those are often a key part of a recovery…

Read More

THE FORGOTTEN INGREDIENT TO SUCCESS…

IMG_1470

You’ve always valued a strong work ethic. You’re always the first in and the last to leave. You work as hard or harder than anyone on your team. So why haven’t you seen consistent improvement? There’s likely a few reasons, but a key one in particular is…. effective recovery….REST! Every workout you do….

Read More

PLAYING THROUGH THE PAIN!

Just the other day I saw an interesting quote from Greg Oden of the Miami Heat. For those not familiar with the NBA, he’s a former 2007 #1 draft pick, a 7 footer who was heralded as the next greatest center in the NBA, expected to dominate the league.

Read More

Like Us! fb-icon Follow Us! twitter-icon Find Us! Map
Peak Performance, proud sponsor of Youth Sports Now
featuring Mike Napierala PT (92.1 WYSL, Wed 6:30 – 7:30PM / Archives)
2013 PEAK PERFORMANCE

This email was sent to *|EMAIL|*
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
*|LIST:ADDRESSLINE|*

*|REWARDS|*