Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peak PT Administrator

2017 has been an exciting year for me!

1 post in this topic

09b38edd-92eb-4e65-ab63-389246f5801a.jpgby Andrew Neumeister, PT, DPT, FAFS

You may have noticed a few new letters after my name and no, they don't just read "DAD," but also "FAFS"…confirming that I am now a Fellow of Applied Functional Science!

Two new journeys began for me this year with the birth of my first child, Benjamin, and furthering my expertise in the human body and the biomechanics of movement through the Fellowship in Applied Functional Science, which I completed in October. 

As a new dad, it was far from easy balancing minimal sleep with weekly learning objectives and trips to Michigan to work with other clinicians from all different backgrounds and countries. I couldn't have done this without the love and support of my wife, Samantha, and the family we have at Peak Performance PT!  

The FAFS credentials signify the depth and commitment I have to not only understanding the human body better, but helping it to heal better. 

As you sit here and read this message, I want you to take 5 seconds and look over your right or left shoulder as far as you can. Did you notice something about that simple movement? If you paid close enough attention, you will realize that your shoulders also turned and maybe even your hips a little bit. 

The body is an amazing creation...myriad parts that are constantly moving together to handle the stresses on it, no matter how big or small. Understanding how the body wants to move and work together is key to improving health and rehabilitation.

This is the foundation of Applied Functional Science and how I practice Physical Therapy.

I look forward to continuing to care for and serve all of my patients on their own journeys toward not only getting back to the things they love to do, but staying back.

To Your Health, 
Andrew Neumeister, PT, DPT, FAFS