Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peak PT Administrator

"I am no longer in any pain...I have met and exceeded my goals and expectations."

1 post in this topic

Prior to knee replacement surgery, the pain, swelling AND reduced range of motion changed my ability to perform my normal daily activities. I could no longer play golf, bike, climb a ladder, go shopping or even walk more than 2/10th of a mile. As time went on, it became increasingly difficult to climb stairs, stand up from a seated position, get in and out of a car, get off the floor or even put my shoes and socks on.

Having had two prior surgeries with follow-up PT at another practice, I found myself discouraged and frustrated that general PT didn’t seem to help me improve. I felt like my questions were just dismissed and that the pre-established “cookie cutter” worksheets were falling short of reasonable expectations for me.

Following knee replacement surgery, I have had such a different and wonderful physical therapy experience at Peak Performance. From Day 1 the program and exercises were designed around my individual needs and abilities. Karen and the entire staff treated me with dignity, compassion and professionalism. My questions were happily answered and I was an active participant in setting reasonable goals.

Now that I’ve completed my PT, I am no longer in any pain, I have maximized my range of motion and improved my flexibility and strength. I have met and exceeded my goals and expectations. I have been able to resume playing golf, riding a bike, climbing ladders, shopping, and I am able to walk several miles! I no longer struggle with climbing stairs, getting in and out of a car or chair, getting up off the floor or putting my socks and shoes on. I couldn’t be happier with my progress! It’s also had a surprising positive impact on my overall outlook of staying much more active throughout my lifetime.

I am incredibly satisfied with my experience with Karen and Peak Performance. There are two things that stand out to me that make Peak Performance FAR superior to other practices:

1.     Having my program tailored to my individual situation and needs instead of adhering to a “cookie cutter” pre-established routine was hands down more efficient and maximized my improvement. The flexibility to detour and adapt as issues came up was a big factor in my recovery.

2.     I have watched other practices give preferential treatment to athletes and young people, while treating aging folks and non-athletes as second rate or not as deserving of individualized attention. That is not the case at Peak Performance! I have watched the entire staff treat every person with dignity and respect regardless of athletic ability, gender, race, weight or age! It is something that in my experience, sets them apart from other practices.

Thank you Karen and all at Peak Performance for getting me back on my feet!

Beth Markell

October 18, 2018