Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peak PT Administrator

"Allison’s knowledge of physical therapy is immense, and she has an impressive ability to provide the right exercise at the right time for a fun and safe recovery."

1 post in this topic

In December 2017, I broke my tibial plateau on my left leg skiing at age 72. The healing process took 12 weeks, with no weight on that leg. All my muscles in my left leg weakened. After the 12-week healing process, I started PT with Allison at Peak Performance. She started with exercises that worked to increase my range of motion and flexibility in the leg. She made sure that I did not overdo but achieved the maximum possible stretch that my leg could safely take.

Her knowledge of what muscles and ligaments needed to be worked and in what order was spot on. The stretches and exercises were simple enough that I could do them at home to promote the process.

Each week new exercises were added and the old exercises were enhanced to gradually increase the range back to normal. During this rehab time we also determined what to work on to balance the functions between both legs so this year I am a better skier than last year!

Allison’s knowledge of physical therapy is immense, and she has an impressive ability to provide the right exercise at the right time for a fun and safe recovery. I’m looking forward to this 2018-2019 ski season!

Harry “Bud” Krayer