Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Prosoft Admin

Peak Performance Newsletter - September 23, 2013

1 post in this topic

*|MC:SUBJECT|*

p{font-family:Arial;font-size: 12px; color:#333333;line-height: 18px;padding-left:40px;}

-->

newsletter-logo.jpg

newsletter-heading.jpg

newsletter.jpg

Newsletter – Table of Contents

1. THERE’S A NEW FACE IN TOWN!

2. OVERUSE INJURIES…Those sneaky little buggers!
  3. REACHING YOUR BEST! How do you reach your potential as an athlete?
  4. WHAT’S A GROWTH PLATE AND WHY SHOULD I CARE?
  5. MAKING WISE CHOICES….Strains, Sprains, Pains and More

THERE’S A NEW FACE IN TOWN!

We are proud to introduce you to our newest addition to the PEAK PERFORMANCE family. ERIN BORCYK, DPT is joining our staff of Physical Therapists beginning September 23, 2013. She has over four years of extensive orthopedic and sports care experience, along with Continuing Education coursework. Erin is a home-town girl, having graduated from Greece Arcadia and actually worked at Peak Performance as our first Front Desk Coordinator…

Read More

OVERUSE INJURIES…Those sneaky little buggers!

You’re walking along the creek at one of our beautiful parks. As you stand there you hear the faint sound of a drop of water behind you. Slow. Consistent. Persistent. Drip. Drip. Drip. You turn and see this reliable drip coming from some rocks above you, falling repeatedly on the same spot on a rock below just at the creek’s edge. But this rock appears different than the others. Right where the drop of water is hitting you notice…

Read More

REACHING YOUR BEST! How do you reach your potential as an athlete?

Countless athletes, coaches, parents and others have asked this question. Todd Alford, owner of Elite Performance Baseball and Softball Training in East Rochester and I discussed that a bit during the show this week. While there’s lots of ideas out there on how exactly an athlete can reach their potential, some mainstream and many others considered off the beaten path or even gimmicky or voodoo in the eyes of some…it goes without saying that preparing…

Read More

WHAT’S A GROWTH PLATE AND WHY SHOULD I CARE?

Long bones grow from the ends – at a place called the “growth plate” or in technical terms, the physis. It’s a cartilagenous area that is weaker than the surrounding bone so it’s susceptible to stresses. It’s been argued that the growth plate itself is actually weaker than the nearby ligaments that connect the bones together and help keep the joints stable. It’s an important area because it’s the place where those long bones grow and get their length…

Read More

MAKING WISE CHOICES….Strains, Sprains, Pains and More

A few weeks ago I was at one of my daughter’s summer league volleyball games and a friend, let’s call her Mary, went down with what looked like a twisted ankle. The parents were there and gave the ok for me to go out and take a look at her.It’s a tough thing when an athlete gets hurt. If a skilled professional isn’t there to assess things – how do you know if it’s a minor or a severe injury. How do you know if Mary needs to have films taken to…

Read More

Like Us! fb-icon Follow Us! twitter-icon Find Us! Map

Peak Performance, proud sponsor of Youth Sports Now

featuring Mike Napierala PT (92.1 WYSL, Wed 6:30 – 7:30PM / Archives)

2013 PEAK PERFORMANCE

This email was sent to *|EMAIL|*

why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences

*|LIST:ADDRESSLINE|*

*|REWARDS|*

@media only screen and (max-width: 480px){

table[id=canspamBar] td{font-size:14px !important;}

table[id=canspamBar] td a{display:block !important; margin-top:10px !important;}

}