Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Prosoft Admin

WHO DO YOU TRUST TO GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME? - Blog

1 post in this topic

WHO DO YOU TRUST TO GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME?

Where do YOU go when your young athlete is starting to hurt or gets injured? What about as an athlete if YOU have a question? What if you’re performing below your potential or recovering too slowly?

Do you remember those times in life that you really needed to know the answer to a question? Not when somebody else “wanted” some information or an answer, or maybe a teacher made you. When YOU, inside, really had that inspired curiosity. The times that made you realize how cool it was to learn new things in school, . The times that you started Googling the subject, scrolling through listing after listing until your curiosity was satisfied, armed with that “fun fact” you had to quiz or share with everyone. Or maybe you “sent out a lifeline” to a friend to answer your question.

You’ve got your list of trusted sources. What are they? Who are they?

Are you recalling maybe a science topic ?

“How in the world do all the planets stay in orbit like that?”

“Why does water go down the drain in that direction?”

Those last second school questions?

“What chapters are on the history test tomorrow?”

“Can I borrow your notes from Thursday’s class? I missed some stuff she said.”

Remembering a news story you had to know more about?

“Did Dwight Howard decide to leave the Lakers?”

“What did A-Rod say on Twitter about playing again?”

My son, Kyle, just bought his first car. (Yeahhh, Kyle! And Yeah for Karen and I – we get full use of our cars back!) We’re sitting there waiting for the insurance company to fax over the insurance proof so he could go register the car but it was getting late on a Friday. “How late is the DMV open today?” Pretty important question since time seemed to be slipping away. The afternoon progressed along and what first was going to be a no-brainer at getting handled on time became a time crunch. So, in this day and age of technology there was only one thing we could do – GOOGLE. I got on my phone and looked up times for the closest DMV branch. TRUSTED SOURCE. We needed it at that moment and I knew right where to go. (Unfortunately couldn’t make it in time…we’re going back Monday morning.)

There’s not a whole lot more “personal” or valued in life than your own health… your ability as a young athlete to stay injury free, to recover quickly when needed, and to just flat out leave it on the field or court when competing. For parents – it’s the health and well being of your son or daughter…knowing they’ll continue to reap the rewards of seeing that look of joy from playing on a team, from getting to display the fruits of their labors after all those hours and days practicing a skill. And there’s tons of caring, well intending people out there willing to give their opinion and to steer you in a certain direction. Even some of them literally make a living off selling their perspectives on the internet. It’s really hard for athletes and parents to know where to go for answers. To know who they can use as their TRUSTED SOURCE. Maybe you’ve sent in a question to Youth Sports Now or called our office. This week I answered listener questions about magnetic bracelets, blisters in soccer cleats, and if orthotics were necessary. Maybe you’ve come in as a patient or training client. Maybe you’ve just kept on listening to the show and told your friends and family about it so they could have that source too.

THANK YOU for making PEAK PERFORMANCE Physical Therapy & Sports Training one of your go-to TRUSTED RESOURCES for a functional perspective on injury prevention, rehabilitation, and sports performance training! We’ve been amazed at the volume, intelligence, and heartfelt desire to help that comes through on all the questions listeners have sent in.

There’s lots of ways we can be helpful to you as an athlete or parent of an athlete. Listen in to the show live on Wed nights at 6:30pm or during Saturday’s rebroadcast at 1pm. Maybe you’re just going online to www.peakptrochester.com and listening to the podcasts there at your leisure or looking through the blogposts available. You can get to our written content at the radio show’s site as well at www.youthsportsnowradio.com along with information from the show.

And of course you can always CALL US at 585-218-0240 for an appointment to handle that sports injury that just happened or that isn’t resolving, or to look into our sports training programs.