Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"Thanks to Mike, I know I’ll be back to normal in my active life (horseback riding and hiking) real soon now!"

1 post in this topic

After having my second hip replaced, I had the misfortune of dislocating it 5 weeks later. When I started my rehab PT with Mike, I was very weak and under strict limitations of what I could do, having to use a crutch to get around plus a walker at home. I could not bend over to put on socks/shoes or tie shoelaces. Nor could I go up/down stairs carrying more than 5 lbs., or walk without limping.

Starting with PT twice a week, I rapidly gained strength to the point that, at graduation, I am regularly walking 3 miles on the treadmill at my gym, putting on my socks/shoes without help, doing yard work several days a week, and interspersing that with working out at the gym. When I started, I was doing 4” step downs with no weights; now I can do 6” with 15 lb. weights!

While my new hip is still the weaker of the two, I am almost back to normal in my daily life. Thanks to Mike, I know I’ll be back to normal in my active life (horseback riding and hiking) real soon now!

Emil G. 

November 15, 2016